Water Leak Detection
Many structures today in the San Antonio and Austin Metro Areas – whether residential or commercial – are built on top of a concrete slab or foundation. Under this slab, there are various intricate plumbing systems that provide your property with the water that it needs to function. When one of these lines breaks or cracks however the water spilled into the surrounding area can result in a slab leak.
Water leaks are a very serious plumbing issue that can strike your home causing repair issues and damage if left unattended. More often than not, water leaks are not noticed as they are often out of site. There are a few signs however that can help you detect when your property is suffering a leak.
- The sound of running water when all water is turned off.
- A hot spot on the floor could indicate a hot water line leak.
- Cracks in walls or flooring.
- Mildew or excessive moisture under carpets could indicate your slab is cracked.
- High water bills — Although a high water bill could indicate a water leak behind the wall or in your pool, plumbing under the slab is also suspect.
A water leak can occur for a variety of reasons. Pipes can age and weaken over time. As they do, they will allow water to leak through resulting in a slab leak. Temperature changes will also cause issues. When running hot water through a pipe, it will expand and contract. As it does this the line can shift or wear. If there are rocks or other sharp objects in contact with the pipe, this movement can cause the pipe to be punctured.
If you suspect you have a slab leak, call us at 210-858-8272 today to schedule your discuss your issue with a knowledgeable staff member!